Student Spotlight: Sabina Nketia


Name: Sabina Nketia

Major: Aeronautics and Astronautics PhD Student

Graduation Date: 2022


What is your favorite part of engineering?

The ability to model a real life problem and find solutions. Specifically, I loved ME 533 (Advanced Turbomachinery) because it gave me the opportunity to go through the design process to ultimately build a compressor.

What is the best thing about Purdue?

The classes are taught by professors who have in depth knowledge about the subject matter. Also, the things taught in lecture expand beyond the classroom. One of my favorite experiences was when my advanced turbomachinery class took a trip to the air force museum in Ohio.

What sorts of things are you involved in on campus?

I assisted the Algebra by 7th grade (Ab7G) program organized by the Minority Engineering Program (MEP). I am also currently one of the mentors for new students in Aero Assist.

What is the best advice you received before coming to Purdue?

I was told not to aim at perfection but excellence in everything I do.

What is something you wish you had known when going through the college search process?

I wished I had visited the campus to meet with potential research advisers. Looking back, I would say never be shy/afraid of asking questions. Be confident in yourself and work hard.

What is a fun fact about yourself?

Apart from engineering, I love to read and write fiction and I hope to publish a book someday. I also love meeting German speaking students to practice the language, especially since I am learning German myself.



Check back every Tuesday for more student spotlights!

-Compiled by WE Link LT Abby Trusler



Stay Connected With WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep 
Instagram: @purduewiep

Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!









Post a Comment

0 Comments