Student Spotlight: Sneha Basu CompE'20


Name: Sneha Basu

Major: Computer Engineering

Graduation Date: 2020


What is your favorite part of engineering?
I enjoy engineering because it allows me to solve real world problems. I enjoy helping people and engineering allows me to do that.

What is your favorite class you have taken and why?
ECE 270 is my favorite class because it focused on the application of topics taught in lectures. In labs I was able to do hands on work to create programs and write code using knowledge I learned in class.

What is the best thing about Purdue?
I cherish all of the amazing people that I have met during my time at Purdue.

Tell us about a fun memory about your time at Purdue!
I was able to meet Margaret Atwood when she visited campus. She even signed her book for me!

What sorts of things are you involved in on campus?
Women in Engineering Program M&M (Mentors and Mentees), Women in Engineering WE Link Recruitment Project Committee, Honors College

What is the best advice you received before coming to Purdue?
It is important to keep trying and not give up. College is much harder than high school but it is okay to fail as long as you don't give up!

What is something you wish you had known when going through the college search process?
I wish I had known more about the different research opportunities available for undergraduate students.

What is some advice you would give to incoming engineering students at Purdue?
Make the most of your time at Purdue, do things that will make you stand out, more than just normal coursework. Take an initiative to challenge yourself with different courses, do research or participate in other activities.

What is a fun fact about yourself?
I can speak 4 languages and have traveled to over 14 countries.


Check back every Tuesday for more student spotlights!


Stay Connected With WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep 
Instagram: @purduewiep

Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!



Post a Comment

0 Comments