Summer Plans (Part 1)

There are so many different ways to spend your summer from internships to traveling to hanging out with friends and family. At one of the last volunteer nights of the semester, some of the WE Link volunteers created picture collages detailing their summer plans. See what they have planned...

Rachel Guieb (Nuclear Engineering ‘21)
"This summer, I’m taking Calc 3 and ME 270 at IUPUI so I'll have more time for marching band in the fall. Because of this, I won’t have time for a job, but I’ll have more time to spend at home with my cats. I’m also going on a trip to Kentucky to repair the homes of families in need with the Appalachian Service Project. I’ll end the summer with band camp."

Madeleine Hollinger (First Year Engineering '21)
"This summer I will be interning at AbbVie (a pharmaceutical company) as a reliability engineer. I will also be going to the gym, going golfing and spending summer nights hanging out with my friends! In August, I am headed to Lollapalooza in Chicago and then Mackinac Island to get away before going back to school."


Erin Murray (Industrial Engineering '20)
"This summer I will be interning at Wabash National here in Lafayette. I am working as a Manufacturing Engineering Intern. It is going to be a great opportunity to gain experience in Industrial Engineering. I will be living on campus in Hawkins Hall. It will be the first time living by myself since I’ve always lived with my family, freshman roommate, or sorority sisters so I’m excited to see what it’s like. I am also excited to be at Purdue when it is warmer. I plan to go to the CoRec and Igloo (for vanilla cokes J) all the time. I do plan to go home for a week in May to visit my family in Seattle and show my boyfriend the big city I'm from!"

Anna Schuman (First Year Engineering '21) 
"This summer I will be working as a lifeguard at my local community center in Memphis, Tennessee. I also plan on taking summer classes at the local college to fulfill some of my general education requirements. Outside of work and school, I plan to go hiking and hammocking with my friends! I might also take a trip to the beach with my family."


Ashley Nigro (Chemical Engineering '20)
"This summer I will be heading back home to Washington D.C. I will be catching up with friends around the city and having brunch as often as possible. I will also be finishing up my SCUBA certification as well as working, whether it is as an engineering intern or as a barista."


Emily Hamman (First Year Engineering '21)
"This summer I will be staying home in Wisconsin and working as a barista at Starbucks. I will also be nannying part-time and taking two classes online through Purdue. My family and I will be taking a vacation to Puerto Morelos, Mexico! I will also be spending a lot of time at the lakes around my house, boating, paddle boarding, and playing with my dogs. I will cook a lot of dinners and bake desserts for my family. I also plan to go to the gym almost everyday. Finally, my friend and I will be going to the country music LakeShake festival in Chicago." 


Lina Trigg (Biological Engineering '21)

"I will be staying in my hometown in Mason, Ohio (near Cincinnati). I will be driving back to Purdue twice a month to touch bases with a professor I work for in engineering education. I will also be spending two weeks in Japan! I am also planning to begin contract work for translating Japanese patents. I hope to work as a deputy clerk for a court house in the area. I am most excited for my dog, Toffee as I will be with her all summer!" 

How are you planning to spend your summer? Tag us on social media to let us know! #PurdueWIEP #SummerPlans2018

-Compiled by WE Link LT Abby


Stay Connected with WIEP!
Instagram: @purduewiep
Twitter: @purduewiep

Post a Comment

0 Comments