Summer Plans (Part 2)

In a continuation of the Summer Plans (Part 1) post, see how a few more of the WE Link Volunteers are spending their summer... 

Alyssa Lee (Industrial Engineering '19)

"This summer I am studying abroad in the Netherlands and taking a class in data mining. After two weeks abroad, I am going back to my hometown, Chicago, IL. While home, I am going to spend time with my family and friends, paint and go to concerts. At the end of the summer, I am going on vacation in Las Vegas, NV with my friends."

Alexandra Owens (First Year Engineering '21)

"This summer I’m nannying for some family friends. I will also be working at a trampoline park, hosting children's birthday parties. I will be taking summer classes at a community college near me so I have less course work in the fall. I will be attending Lollapalooza, a music festival in Chicago as well as visiting Chicago to go shopping and sight seeing. The most exciting part of my summer is my trip to St. Thomas."

Megan Rodder (Industrial Engineering '19)
"This summer, I'm going to Hong Kong and China for a Maymesterstudy abroad! In China, I will be exploring Shenzhen, Ningbo, Shanghai, Harbin, and Beijing. I am then going to Connecticut to work as a Field Industrial Engineer Intern for Lowe's. While not working, I hope to go visit New York, hike, and ride horses. At the end of the summer, I will go back to my home, Texas, and see my friends and family! Then...Senior year! :) "

Laurel Stevenson (First Year Engineering '21)
"I’m starting and ending the summer with lots of fun: the Kentucky Derby and Lollapalooza! In between, I will be an environmental engineer intern at TRADEBE Treatment & Recycling. Additionally, I will be taking a foreign language or sign language class to prepare for the GEARE program."

Rachael Nielsen (Environmental Engineering '21)

“This summer I am working at Arbor Farm’s nursery in Fort Wayne. I am living at home for the summer, with my family’s new puppy. I’ll be taking Calc 2 at Purdue Fort Wayne, and later in the summer, I’ll be working on staff with the marching band at a local high school. For fun, my family is taking a trip to Lake Lure in North Carolina to see family, and I’ll kayak on weekends in Mongo. I also plan on taking road trips to visit friends from Purdue.”

Lauren Comer (First Year Engineering '21)
"This summer I will be working for Pioneer Oil Company as an intern. I will also be making a few trips to Purdue to assist in research for Pioneer Oil. Since my internship is relatively close to home, I will be able to work at American Eagle on the weekends. For fun, I will be going to see Taylor Swift on tour and going to Forecastle Festival with friends in Louisville, KY."

How are you planning to spend your summer? Tag us on social media to let us know! #PurdueWIEP #SummerPlans2018

-Compiled by WE Link LT Abby


Stay Connected with WIEP!
Instagram: @purduewiep
Twitter: @purduewiep

Post a Comment

0 Comments