5 Reasons to FALL in Love with Purdue


I’ve always enjoyed fall.  I love hot beverages, sweater weather, changing leaves, and all the excitement that comes with the season.  However, nothing compares to fall on Purdue’s campus!  Currently, I’m enjoying my third fall on campus, and each one makes me love Purdue even more!  Here are five reasons (season-related and otherwise) that I’ve FALLen in love with Purdue.

1) The Campus During the Fall

Since I’m from Illinois, I’ve experienced the beauty of fall in the Midwest.  I was still very impressed by how beautiful the campus is when these fall transformations begin.  Since Purdue has a walkable campus, it’s such a great time of year to enjoy transition time between classes or explore different areas.  I love to walk around with friends and look at all of the colorful trees scattered throughout West Lafayette.

2) B1G Sports

I’m not normally a huge fan of sports, but there’s something special about so many Purdue students cheering with Boilermaker spirit.  I love the enthusiasm at sporting events, and it’s also amazing to watch the All-American Marching Band half-time show at football games.

3) Engineering Opportunities

Even before moving into my residence hall freshman year, I found special and exciting engineering opportunities at Purdue.  I decided to get involved with Engineering Projects in Community Service right away, where I gained hands-on experience by working on projects in the community.  Since then, Purdue’s provided important professional development opportunities for me.  Through on-campus career fairs and interviews, I’ve been able to find meaningful internships.

4) Campus Involvement

I believe it’s beneficial to become involved with something you’re passionate about shortly after arriving at campus.  During the fall of my freshman year, I started volunteering for WE Link, where I could make a difference in recruiting females in engineering.  I fell more in love with Purdue when I had the opportunity to collaborate with other female engineering students to communicate with prospective students via social media, this blog, and on-campus events.  

5) Purdue Traditions

Something that connects Boilermakers across generations is traditions.  Some of Purdue’s more popular traditions include fountain runs, Den pops, and “Hail Purdue!”.  During my first week on campus participating in Boiler Gold Rush, my team leader introduced me to these traditions, and it helped make campus feel like home.  As a junior, I still enjoy connecting with other students through the traditions.

Sometimes, when you love Purdue, you just have to take a picture with Neil!
(Picture taken at Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering)

Fall at Purdue really makes you fall for Purdue. I love Purdue for all of these reasons, but at the end of the day, it’s my fellow Boilermakers that make me proud to wear black and old gold.

Have any questions? Reach out to us at welink@purdue.edu; we are here to help!

Boiler Up!

-Brittany Allen*
WE Link Leadership Team

Inspired by Allison Meyer's post "5 Times I've FALLen in Love with Purdue."

Stay Connected With WIEP!
Twitter: @purduewiep 
Instagram: @purduewiep

Use the hashtag #PurdueWIEP on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!



Post a Comment

0 Comments